"Victor Babes" University of Medicine and Pharmacy Timisoara, Romania
· Medicine: in English (100 Places) or in French (40 Places)
· Dentistry: in English (30 Places)
· Pharmacy: in French (60 Places)
· Medicine: 6 years - 6000€ per year
· Dentistry: 6 years - 6000€ per year
· Pharmacy: 5 years - 5000€ per year
For the candidates from the European Union, the European Economic Area and the Swiss Confederation who wish to study in Timisoara, the admission is conditioned by passing a competitive entrance exam. The exam consists of 50 multiple-choice biology questions of a total of 500 questions.
For the candidates from the non- European Union, the European Economic Area and the Swiss Confederation the admission is based on the evaluation of application files containing proof of the applicants’ academic performance: grades in two subjects: biology and chemistry.
The first phase is an online application followed by the submission of the printed application. Both phases are every year between April and July. We need just legalized copies of your documents and we will organize all the translations in Romania.
Proof of English:
English or French language proficiency is demonstrated in one of the following ways:
By providing an internationally recognized language certificate
A high school diploma issued by a school where English or French was the medium of instruction
A general English/French language examination in September – November
The “Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara, was first founded as a modest faculty, part of the initial Western University, following the Decree-Law No. 660, issued and signed by His Majesty King Michael I of Romania, on 30th December 1944; the inauguration of the new faculty took place on 15 July 1945. During the first three months, teaching consisted only in lectures, namely: anatomy, physiology, chemistry, lectures that were held in the auditorium and classrooms of the Students’ Union, on King Charles Boulevard (the former “Notre Dame” Secondary School). An important change in the course of the medical educational process occurred in October 1945, when the faculty was given its current residence, the “Banatia” building (1936), that previously belonged to the “Banatia” Foundation of the Catholic Church.
Clinical training started initially in four hospitals, while today students are being trained in more than twenty-five teaching hospitals located in twelve buildings. Since then, more than 25,000 students have graduated from the Timisoara medical school, including a fair number of foreign students from all over the world.
The “Victor Babeş” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara has three faculties, which in turn have several sub-specializations: the Faculty of Medicine (Medicine, Registered nurses, physiotherapy and recuperation, Radiology and imaging, Nutrition and Dietetics), the Faculty of Dental Medicine (Dental Medicine, Dental Technique, Registered nurses in dentistry), the Faculty of Pharmacy (Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical assistants).
At present, the “Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara, with a past that recommends it as one of the most prestigious institutions of higher education, is also the warrant of further valuable results both in training future generations of physicians, pharmacists or dental surgeons, and in offering medical assistance to the community.
Timișoara is the capital city of Timiș County, and the main social, economic and cultural centre in western Romania. One of the largest Romanian cities (the third most populous city in the country, as of 2011 census), with a population of 319,279 inhabitants, Timișoara is considered the informal capital city of the historical region of Banat. The city is a candidate to become, in 2021, the European Capital of Culture. The first record of the city of Timisoara, built on the site of an ancient Roman fortress called Castrum Regium Themes, dates back to 1212. Over the years, Timisoara, the largest city in western Romania, has been influenced by many cultures. The Romans used it as an important crossroads fortress until the Tatars destroyed it in the 13th century. Conquered by Turkish armies in 1552, Timisoara remained under their protection until 1718 when the region of Banat came under Austrian rule for two centuries. Timisoara later became a vital commercial and manufacturing town. Turks, Austrians, Germans and Serbs all left their mark and their influence can be seen in neighborhoods throughout the city even today.
The charm of this city, settled on the northern bank of the Bega River, lies in its distinct architectural character and vibrant cultural life. Frequently referred to as "Little Vienna," Timisoara is home to year-round musical and theatrical performances, art galleries, museums and a buzzing nightlife. A progressive, cosmopolitan place, Timisoara was the first city in Europe and second in the world after New York, to use electricity to illuminate its public streets. Thanks to its mild climate, Timisoara has lots of public squares and lush green retreats. The city is easy to explore on foot. If you get tired, a tram will be along in a moment; the system is fast, frequent and efficient. Timisoara abounds with churches of several denominations, a Jewish quarter, an elegant baroque square and a pedestrian-only downtown area. Some of the monuments in the heart of the city afford panoramic views, while the many parks in this "city of flowers" provide an idyllic spot to take a break from sightseeing.